Thursday, June 9, 2011

Applesauce and Nude Pumps

Today I decided to start a blog and make apple sauce. But what was really on my mind was shoes. Nude pumps to be exact. I sat down at my computer with these things on my mind, cued up a random playlist, and Mariah Carey's We Belong Together started to play (click on the photo above to get the full effect). Really the only word to describe that moment would be magical. Naturally, I decided to make applesauce in nude pumps--then write a blog post about it. So here we go!

When's the last time you had applesauce? No matter. Homemade applesauce is flat out delicious. It also has no high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, dextrose, partially hydrogenated soybean oil or any of that crap that you can find on the back of your store bought applesauce label. Not to mention, it's super easy to make!

What you'll need:
* Apples (how many you will need exactly will depend on how big the apples are. I suggest getting a dozen large apples).
* Cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg to taste

Seriously, that's it! If you get good apples, you won't even need to add sweetener. If your apples are a bit tart, or you just like sweeter applesauce, try adding honey or brown sugar... or a sweetener of your choice.

How it's done:
1. First, you need to peel and de-seed the apples. Make sure and get out all the hard parts in the middle--you don't want to bite in to that when you are enjoying your applesauce later.


2. As I am chopping up the apples in to large chunks (inch size), I toss them in to the largest sauce pot that I have. I like to make a lot of apple sauce at once, so I fill this pot up to the brim. It took me about 20 minutes to peel, de-seed, and chop enough apples to fill the pot below:


3. Throw that on the stove (medium heat) with about a cup of water in the bottom and a lid on the top. Add spices as desired and let it sit on the heat with the lid on for about 30 minutes. I like to stir the apples around every 10 minutes or so. After 30 minutes, take the lid off and let cook for another 30 minutes or so. Keep stirring every once in a while. If you have a smaller pot and less apples, then your cook time won't be as long. In the meantime, prance around in your nude pumps!

You can thank Fergie for these Fergalicious Nude Patent Utopia Pumps. Originally $50, these are available at Famous Footwear for $34.99. They are also available in black. These 3.5" lookers go fabulously with a pair of skinny jeans, a skirt, or shorts. They make the stems look extra long. Who knew nude pumps could be so exciting?!

4. Prancing complete, check on that applesauce. After an hour or so, those apples are gonna be good and smooshy. Remove them from the heat, take a spatula, potato smasher, tool of choice, and mash them up. If you like your applesauce a little chunky (I do!) then don't mash every chunk to a total pulp. Try some while it's still hot, it's like eating apple pie filling!


Okay so applesauce isn't entirely photogenic, but believe me when I say it's delicious. Until next time, happy prancing!

1 comment:

  1. First, I like your prancing. It makes me miss you and your prancing self. Second, I went through a crazy applesauce kick this winter. I made it every week. And it was soooooo gooooooood! Third, hooray for a blog!

    ReplyDelete